The greatest names in African football will fight for top honours.
The Confederation of African Football has announced their list of nominees for the annual CAF Awards to be held in Morocco.
As well as Player of the Year and Coach of the Year there are seven categories to go through, with seven for the women’s awards.
The winners in each category are decided by votes cast by the CAF Technical Committee, members of the media and national team coaches and captains.
An Interclub Player of the Year award is available to African players who play their club football on the continent.
Among the frontrunners in that 10-man list are Namibia and Mamelodi Sundowns striker, Peter Shalulile, South Africa and Al Ahly playmaker Percy Tau and his Al Ahly teammate, Ali Maaloul.
The remaining categories have only five nominees and will be awarded for goalkeeper, young player, coach, national team and club of the year.
Here is the full list of the Player of the Year nominees:
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria, Al Ahli)
- Andre Anguissa (Cameroon, SSC Napoli)
- Vincent Aboubacar (Cameroon, Besiktas)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco, Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sofyan Amrabat (Morocco, Manchester United)
- Yassine Bounou (Morocco, Al Hilal)
- Youssef En-Nesyri (Morocco, Sevilla)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria, SSC Napoli)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal, Al Nassr)
The CAF Awards ceremony will be held on Monday, December 11 at the Palais des Congrès in Marrakech.