Sport

“So happy to be back with you”: Marcelo welcomes former teammate james Rodriguez to new club

James Rodriguez, a former teammate of Marcelo Vieira’s at Real Madrid, has joined Olympiacos.

According to reports, James has committed to a one-season loan with the Greek powerhouses from Qatar’s Al Rayyan.


The Colombian international will remain with Olympiacos through the end of the 2022/23 campaign thanks to the loan agreement.

The agreement was finalized on Thursday morning, with the pay of the Colombian international being split between the two clubs.

As reported by AS Diario, the Qatari team will pay the remaining 60% of the player’s salary, with Olympiacos covering the remaining 40%.

Now that James and Marcelo are back together, Olympiacos can focus on making a name for themselves in Europe.

The two both played together for four years at Santiago Bernabeu, winning one La Liga and a UEFA Champions League trophy.

“So happy to be back with you bro Welcome @jamesrodriguez10 !!! Let’s go guys!!,” Marcelo posted on Facebook.

Related posts

Erling Haaland names two Chelsea players he would love to play along

admin

(Watch Videos): Haaland, Silva pull Manchester City back from 3-1 down

admin

Manchester United To Sell Midfielder To Make Space For Lingard

admin

Leave a Comment